The Connecticut AFL-CIO, in collaboration with the Eastern and Western Area Labor Federations, is proud to announce the Labor Leadership Academy (LLA), a program designed to train future leaders who will carry the torch of workers' rights and social justice. The LLA is a comprehensive training initiative aimed at empowering union members with the knowledge, skills, and tools required to become effective leaders both within the labor movement and in elected positions.
Here is an overview of what the LLA has to offer:
- Introductions and What is a Union Leader?
- Common Sense Economics
- Legislative Action, Making Government Work for You
- Racial Justice: Upholding Racial Equity and Combating Racism
- Ultimate Engagement: Essentials of Effective Communication
- Organizing Is For Everyone
- Moving Mountains: Mobilizing for Change
- Boots on the Ground: The Fundamentals of Door Knocking
- Graduation at Labor Day Breakfast
We are looking for nominations from your local leadership for any member you believe is ready to take this transformative step in their journey toward becoming a leader in the labor movement and possibly in elected office. We invite you to nominate any of the members of your local you believe would benefit from and grow within the Labor Leadership Academy, by having those members complete this application.
The deadline to register is Wednesday December 6, 2023 at 5pm.
**Please note that the Labor Leadership Academy is absolutely free and requires participants to be sponsored by their local union leadership.